Creating your home gym is one of the best investments you can make. Why spend hundreds of dollars a year on a gym membership when you could simply visit your home gym for free? Yes, there are the initial upfront costs that could enter the seemingly stratospheric range, but this is why you want to stick to just the home workout essentials, like weights and maybe a stair machine. But once you’ve made your initial investment, all you have to do is use the gym to experience returns. Plus, visiting your home gym is a lot easier than visiting your neighborhood gym and you don’t have to worry about appearances either. Here are five home exercise equipment must-haves.
- A weight rack. This is an essential part of your home gym. It is also what will make your home gym really feel like a home gym. Weights are also utilitarian as well and if you plan on doing a lot of weight training – which you probably will be – you want to have a lot of options when it comes to different weights. Plus, you want to be able to work your way up so, having various size weights available on a rack will give you a lot of options.
- A water cooler. This is a home gym essential, because you don’t want to have to keep going down to the kitchen for water as this can really put a serious dent in your routine. Having a water cooler in the gym will allow you to stay hydrated without messing up your flow. And while you’re exercising, it’s always important to take a few sips between repetitions or when you switch off to a different machine just to keep your energy up.
- A big digital clock. A clock will allow you to keep time, but it will also allow you to keep track of your exercise routine as well. If you want to fit in a wide range of different workout methods within a certain timeframe, a good clock will be really helpful. Plus, a digital clock will give you the opportunity to countdown different workouts by utilizing the stopwatch capabilities, allowing you to maintain a hands-free workout.
- A good sound system. Music is a huge motivator for a lot of people’s workout routines. If you work out to a set playlist that gets your heart pumping, you need a good system in your home gym – something that’s good quality but doesn’t break the bank either. Because a home gym is not like your neighborhood gym – so you don’t need to wear headphones – which means your system can be as loud as you want it to be.
- A good quality floor. It is also critical that you have floors in your gym that can withstand impact of your routine and improve the efficiency of your workout. For instance, Treadall Gym and Fitness Mats Canada has a wide range of different gym flooring options. In the end, if you don’t have the right flooring, your home gym won’t be much of a gym.