When the liver and gallbladder are already contaminated, it is also necessary for a healthy and balanced diet, use an additional remedy.
The liver plays a very important role in the overall health of the body to be and function l responsible for filtering the blood of toxins, viruses and bacteria also play a key role in the metabolism and the body’s immune system.
For this reason, its proper functioning is essential to prevent different diseases and disorders that can occur when the body does not have the ability to properly dispose of all waste.
Damaged liver problems
When the liver begins to have difficulty working and their ability to perform vital functions is weakened. These include:
- Fight infections.
- Manufacturing essential enzymes and proteins.
- Secrete bile to aid digestion.
- Absorb and store essential nutrients such as vitamins A, D, E and K.
- Make and regulate hormones.
- Remove waste from the blood.
What are the causes of liver damage?
The body has to work 24 hours to remove the toxic and waste substances that reach different organs of the body as a result of modern lifestyle and free radicals.
The liver is one of the organs that receive more work and work overload can result in serious damage and impaired functioning.
Among the main causes of liver damage are:
- The use and abuse of recreational drugs and prescriptive.
- Accumulation of toxins absorbed through the skin, by breathing or food.
- Autoimmune attacks as hepatitis non-infectious, viral hepatitis or cancer.
- Environmental factors.
What is cleansing the liver and gallbladder with olive oil and grapefruit?
Lifestyle change by adopting a healthy diet, more water consumption and exercise is one of the most important to achieve a liver cleanse and prevent damage to this vital organ steps.
When the liver and gallbladder are already contaminated, you need to take more drastic measures and support the diet with some kind of remedy to help to debug and facilitate the removal of waste substances.
The combination of olive oil and grapefruit can act as a tonic and liver and biliary debugger, so we could include in our diet to fulfill their daily cleansing function.
Olive Oil Benefits
This ingredient of the Mediterranean diet is a natural protector of the liver, due to its high antioxidant that slows the action of toxins that reach the body as a result of exposure to pollution and chemicals in the environment.
Olive oil reduces inflammation and oxidative stress caused by toxins and thanks to its powerful antioxidant, it helps protect liver cells.
Benefits of grapefruit
This fruit is a diuretic for excellence as well as being rich in vitamin C, beta-carotene and bio-flavonoids, antioxidants that help eliminate waste from the body.
Natural grapefruit juice boosts production of detoxifying enzymes in the liver, responsible for stopping the action of free radicals and prevent chronic diseases such as cancer.
How to perform this cleaning?
The following formula to detoxify the liver and gallbladder is effective as long as they support the adoption of a plan of healthy eating and reducing factors that can cause poisoning.
- ½ red grapefruit
- ¼ small lemon
- 1 small clove garlic, grated
- 1 to 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (25 or 50 g)
- Cut half of grapefruit in half and reserve the shell.
- Cut in the same way lemon and then put it in a blender along with grapefruit, crushed garlic and olive oil.
- Beat on low speed until ingredients form a paste and reserve it for an hour.
- After the recommended time, eat a spoonful of the mixture or diluted in water.
How to use
- This cleaning is very short, it should only be done for two days, maximum three.
- Eating pasta in the morning and evening and to complement the cleansing, herbal tea, vegetable broths and milkshakes.