- Your smile is often the first thing a person notices about you and one of the most important things we look for in a partner.
- It helps us feel confident and good about ourselves and so therefore more likely to engage with those around us.
- This ability to engage confidently may allow us to find our ideal partner.
- A smile can express how you feel and allow others to see whether you are happy or feeling blue.
- A bright happy smile is often a healthy smile and good dental health has been found time and again to positively contribute to the overall health of our bodies.
Why some of us aren’t smiling
Our dental health is very different from the health of the rest of our bodies, as, unlike our skin or our immune system, our teeth cannot heal themselves if they become damaged. Take a chipped tooth or a fractured tooth, the only way to restore such a problem is to visit a dentist who may fit you with a veneer or apply composite bonding. However, it is very easy to let the health of our teeth decline. Painkillers can numb the ache of a sore tooth and the price of dental bills can easily put off even those in the worth of health.
Why it’s worth investing in your teeth.
However, the cost of letting your teeth go could affect more than just your dental health. Numerous studies have shown links between gum disease and heart disease and stories can be found even in wealthy nations of people dying from minor dental problems like abscesses and infected teeth. Thankfully the cost of dentistry today can be spread with interest free dental plans available from your local dentist, which can make the price of a root canal much more manageable.
Improving your confidence with a new smile
Even if your teeth are healthy the appearance of your smile can also affect your mental health if you are unhappy with it. Low confidence and self consciousness due to unhappiness with your smile can often put a dent in your social life. However, today’s modern cosmetic dentistry has the answer to every smile problem, whether you are worried about:
- Crooked teeth-advanced discreet braces make the awkwardness of orthodontics a thing of the past. Ask your cosmetic dentist about Invisalign, Incognito braces and 6 Month Smiles for smile transformation without the visible train tracks.
- Cracked or fractured teeth-porcelain veneers are incredibly durable and fit right over the front of your teeth to make teeth whole, straighter or whiter again. Many websites have veneer makeover pages for you to see before and after images.
- Discoloured teeth-visit any dentist’s website and you will easily find a tooth whitening smile makeover page. Have your teeth looking bright and shiny again, with tooth whitening treatment able to achieve amazing results in only one hour.
So don’t let your smile get you down, contact your nearest dentist or cosmetic dentist today to ask them about their range of treatments. Most practices now offer payment plans, to allow everyone the chance to experience a beautiful new smile.