Hot Yoga combines a series of strategically chosen postures to obtain the optimal level of functioning of the body under the therapeutic power of heat that warms the muscles, liquefies the blood and performs a deep cleansing and detoxification of toxins from the body.
The practice of Hot Yoga is carried out with an ambient temperature that is around 42º C and with 40% humidity. “Although the first session can be hard and even suppose a ‘slap’ for those who have not lived this experience before, the truth is that this makes them focus their attention on breathing. The challenge of the first day is to stay within the class “, explains Macarena Cutillas, specialist of the Californian Hot Yoga center.
Once the body adapts to the temperature, everything changes. “The heat enhances the practice of yoga. The concentration is 10 times higher because you are in extreme conditions and this brings attention to breathing and greater mental cleansing. In addition, there is a lower risk of injury, because the muscles work hot”, explains the expert.
Another advantage of ‘Hot Yoga’ is that it helps speed up metabolism and burn fat. “It’s something that anyone can start to notice from the first month you practice it and much sooner if it’s a fibrous person,” he says.
When defining the advisable sessions to benefit from the practice of Hot Yoga, the expert points out that it is an activity that can be combined with many others: “With which you practice it once a week you can already see benefits in the body, although ideally three sessions a week (90 minutes). ”
You may also like- How to make wood floors less slippery
- Restructure the body from the inside out.
- It regenerates each cell, tissue, organ, vein, muscle, tendon, ligament, and joint.
- The heat heats the muscles and makes it possible to deepen the practice, keeping us safe with the least risk of injury.
- Sweat helps detoxify the body, purify it by eliminating toxins through the skin.
- Activates the functioning of metabolism helping to eliminate fat and lose weight.
- It helps to achieve the alignment of the right and left sides.
- Strengthens determination, momentum, ambition, patience, self-control, balance, serenity, calm, flexibility, tenacity, strength and concentration.
- It reduces anxiety and stress.
- Fights the aging of the body.
- Reduce depressive states.