Stretch marks are lines running parallel to each other or close together on the skin surface that are usually discolored. These streaks are commonly found on the skin surface around the abdomen. They however also occur other parts of the body such as around the thighs, upper parts of the arm as well as breasts and buttocks. However, at times they may cover large parts of your body.
- Sudden weight gain
- Sudden weight loss
- Hereditary factors
- Rapid growth
- Physical changes in the body
Stretch marks can make you feel uncomfortable and unworthy when you in the midst of people. More often, you will be looking around to see whether there is anybody who has noticed that you have these streaks. Fortunately, you don’t have to live with this condition. There are various ways of getting rid of these lines.
Home remedy on how to get rid of streaks
Treatment is one way of getting rid of them. However this treatment involves laser machines and is quite expensive. However, there are other cheap ways that actually are home remedies on how to remove stretch marks.
- Potato juice
One home remedy on reducing the appearance of these stretch marks is by applying potato juice. Potato juice has been found to contain minerals and especially vitamins which play a big role in enhancing growth as well as restoring skin cells. This therefore is a very useful home remedy for you to use. It is also simple to make;
- Cut a potato, a medium-sized one, into two thick halves or four quarters
- Use one of the potato pieces and gently rub it on the area affected by the stretch marks.
- Rub the stretch marks for a few minutes
- Ensure that the potato juices cover the whole area affected by stretch marks
- Let the potato juice dry. Then wash it off using lukewarm water.
This will help you recover the good old skin by reducing the stretch marks. This is a good way to use as a home remedy.
Another substance that plays a major role in lightning stretch marks is natural white sugar. Sugar is very efficient in exfoliating your skin. Here is how you use sugar to regain back your skin complexion;
- In a small container, say a cup, add a tablespoon of table sugar to a mixture of a few drops of lemon juice and some almond oil.
- Mix the three substances well till they mix completely
- Gently, apply it on the areas covered by the stretch marks.
- Keep on rubbing it on the affected skin for about 10 minutes.
- Do this every day before taking a shower for a month or so.
You will observe the appearance of stretch marks reducing every other week.
- Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera has been known to have quality minerals responsible for skin treatment. It also contains essential compounds that are effective in treating burns. Its soothing and healing properties are important when it comes to getting rid of streaks.
There are different ways of applying aloe Vera on the stretch marks. One way is to rub it directly on the affected skin. You let it dry for some few minutes before rinsing it off with lukewarm water.
Another way is to use a mixture with other oils you mix it with oil from 5 vitamin A capsules and oil from ten vitamin E capsules. Rub this mixture gently and persistently on daily basis. After some time you will observe the gradual effects of aloe vera on the affected area.
These home remedies are very important in. if you want to get rid of streaks; this is how to remove stretch marks.