Can you fight alone against nicotine addiction? The answer is no. Here are some tips that might help you overcome nicotine addiction.
Nicotine is one of the most powerful chemicals on human addiction. Those who have tried to leave the snuff and have known other addictions, such as heroin, often point out that it is even more addictive substance.
And it is true, if we observe how it behaves with people who smoke heavily, because nicotine acts on the central and peripheral nervous system, affecting different organs, of course on the brain, but also in places as far from him as some fibers within the intestines and colon.
Compulsive dependence snuff
If nicotine triggers of disease states that are strange to those who are not heavy smokers, and produce nervous system activation in early morning or feelings of dream to the end of the day; in people with nicotine addiction, the need to smoke and to receive the chemical dose that provides smoking is disproportionately greater, may occur at lower times an hour.
Something about the extraordinarily dependent compulsive become dependent on nicotine and chaining a cigarette after another to overcome smoking abstinence.
Deadly toxic cocktail
In cigarette smoke out, we can concentrate to two thousand chemicals, some really dangerous, like carbon monoxide, a poison such as cyanide and even potential radioactive components.
However, are nicotine and tar which offer more risk, if only because they are found in greater proportion in the consumption of snuff a cigarette.
If nicotine is what causes addiction, tar is responsible for the implementation of carcinogenic processes while settle and decompose in the respiratory tract as silicosis hydrocarbons, triggers a type of bronchial cancer really deadly.
Overcoming nicotine addiction is to defeat the Tar
Between tar and nicotine, fighting the second is more decisive in solving the agency simply adopting strategies to stop being effective on neurotransmitters in the body. Missing the need for more nicotine, no smoking and accumulated tar is processed and evacuated naturally over time.
But how to stop smoking? How to counteract the effects of nicotine addiction? With sound strategies, but taking into account the effects and assuming them: relationship between nicotine and stress and the role of the will in this.
Nicotine, stress and will
- Nicotine and stress: quit smoking, stop receiving the dose of nicotine, creates nervousness, anxiety, discomfort and irritability. One of the strategies of resistance to overcome fear of the heavy smoker to leave the snuff is precisely the strong stress and consequent inability to live it.
- Will: the addiction to nicotine snuff and does not come magically. It is part of a process that begins in time with a sincere desire to quit supporting information provided by the physician and the control of the steps that have been taken or will take.
All medical treatments to quit smoking, to break the addiction to nicotine, help reduce the effects of withdrawal as a necessary part of healing and generate an attenuation of anxiety.
Seven Guidelines to leave the snuff
Some steps are usually collected in seven basic guidelines that handle international health institutions and collective social support in the fight against smoking. These seven basic points are:
- Replace with new routines and more active and stimulating.
- Adopt a challenging task when the urge to smoke occurs.
- Develop initiatives to return pleasure or satisfaction with reasonable effort and with targets up to that effort.
- Find people who have been through the same situation and have achieved success and seek advice and motivate.
- Siding with the professional support medical and natural complicity with the family and work environment.
- Enjoy the small achievements of smoking cessation from the start of treatment.
- Reduce emotional stress with a task, a practice that is pleasant.
Medicinal nicotine withdrawal
In recent years, much progress has been made in combating the effects of nicotine, with the application of nicotine replacement therapy, which is simply the task of lowering my dose gradually; but also with the use of medications such as bupropion or variniclina, which tend to “trick” the body to disable recipients response under physiological needs.
Both these drugs, such as small missions mentioned are proven effective support that has allowed many people around the world to find an outlet for snuff dependence is the same as saying the harmful effects of addiction to nicotine.
We know how, now need to know when. When to start the process of quitting.
Adelante! You already have the keys.