How can you prevent allergy headaches?
- Prevention. Avoid the factors that trigger your allergy and as well as your headache. It is therefore important that you know what you are allergic to. One way to do this is to keep track of your food intake and other observations and when you suffer an allergic reaction.
- Go with hypoallergenic products, especially if you know your allergens.
- Modify your environment. If you do not know the thing that triggers your allergy, then try changing parts of your environment. Many allergens come from the environment such as dust mites so it will help of you hire someone to clean your house regularly.
- Adjust your diet. If you can’t do away with what you are allergic to, try looking for substitutes. You can also take in larger amounts of certain food, given that you are sure that you have no allergic reaction to these:
- Have more protein in your diet.
- Eat more vegetables, fruits, and whole grain cereals.
- Take supplements such as calcium tablets or multivitamins.
Let us say you are now experiencing allergy headaches, how do you deal with it?
- You can take your anti-allergy medication. Once your allergy has been addressed by the medication, the headache will soon disappear.
- You can also try some of the natural remedies:
- Put a paste of lemon crust on your forehead. This is will help reduce the pain.
- Slice a potato or a cucumber then put them over your eyes. Doing so would help lessen the stress brought by the pain of the headache.
- Gooseberry powder mixed with curd is a good coolant.
Allergy headache could be very disturbing and painful but once you address the problem quickly, you don’t have to suffer from it any longer. Just make sure you use these tips properly.