Various anti-aging products in the market promise a more youthful, glowing appearance after continuous weeks of application. The best anti-aging products are in cream or supplement form, both readily available in the market. For people who are new to anti-aging products, the usual question is, “which works better?”
Creams are easy to apply, and most only need morning and night time application. Supplements are easy to take with meals and they do not weigh the skin down like creams do. Below is a more detailed list of these anti-aging products compared.
- Creams fill in lipids that the skin surface might not have.
- Creams have moisturizing effects
- Some anti-aging creams also have sunscreen or sun block effects
- Anti-aging creams are mostly for women, but anti-aging creams for men are also gaining in popularity
- Creams might feel heavy and uncomfortable on the skin when applied
- Anti-aging creams have a tendency to “melt” when exposed to the sun
- Anti-aging supplements get absorbed much better into the body than creams
- Anti-aging supplements might need prescriptions depending on the product
- Anti-aging supplements have antioxidant properties that benefit the body in more ways than anti-aging
- Anti-aging supplements are taken orally without the need for external application
- Anti-aging supplements usually have vitamins included
- Anti-aging supplements battle free radicals in the body
They say anti-aging products compared to other beauty treatments have better effect for the body. Anti-aging products, whether they are in cream or supplement form, should have the same effect on the body; slow down the sign of aging. The best way to know the anti-aging product you need is to visit your dermatologist or dietician, but over-the-counter products that are targeted towards anti-aging do not need a doctor’s or expert’s visit. The best way to get the most out of your anti-aging products is to make sure they fulfill the following requirements:
- Promote the production of collagen. Collagen is the protein that makes skin elastic and durable. Creams might not work as well as supplements when it comes to promoting the production of collagen in the body.
- Moisturize your skin to prevent skin dryness that leads to breakage. Moisturizers and sufficient amounts of water will help your body and your skin get sufficient amounts of moisture, helping the elasticity of your skin and preventing damage that can lead to wrinkles and crow’s feet around the eyes.
- Supply enough vitamins for your body to process the nutrients needed for skin rejuvenation. Some proteins do not work as well without supplements to synthesize these proteins into minerals that the body can absorb.
A mixture of both creams and supplements is safe as long as you take them in moderation. You should remember that any type of medication, even if they are just supplements, take a toll on your liver and might damage your body more than help it with anti-aging. It is also important to know that there is still no possible way of reversing the aging process, since the aging process is a natural course that all bodies take. The best that anti-aging creams and supplements can do is slow down the process of aging. You also ought to have your anti-aging products compared so that you’ll get the one that is the best quality.