Strength training is an integral part of any fitness program. It helps in contraction of muscles and strengthens them. You might be wondering what the secret behind this is. It is mainly based on a small principle that the muscles of the body will work to overcome a resistance force when whenever required.
When you do follow this program repeatedly, and without any gap (consistently), muscles tend to become stronger. By doing this, it improve bone health, joint functioning, muscle, tendon and ligament strength, as well as aerobic exercise, which improve your heart and lung fitness.
Some off the Uses of Strength Training
· Enhances muscle strength, and tones them to protect from injuries. It makes the body quite elastic, free, and autonomous.
· Practicing this exercise will give you good stamina, and you will get sturdiness. You will feel more energetic.
· For senior citizens, it controls diabetes, heart diseases, back pain, depression and obesity.
· Strength training can also reduce the symptoms off many chronic conditions, including arthritis, osteoporosis, etc.
· For every individual, it helps in improving concentration and self confidence.
· Provides complete balance and mobility, gives a good posture, and most importantly a good night’s sleep and no insomnia.
Procedure to follow for strength training
No matter what work you do, there is a systematic procedure for all. Might sound simple, but yes, there a few rules you need to follow:
· Before performing your strength training exercises, it is better that you warm up your body a little. Stretching and light aerobics about 5 minutes is the best way to warm up.
· Some of the exercises that show positive effect on your muscles need to be done twice or thrice a week.
· Beginning with one set of each exercise, constitute as few as five repetitions, no more than twice a week.
· You need to progressively increase the intensity of your workouts, depending on your experience and training goals.
· Once you have been effectively and regularly following this training for several months, you can soon see the desired results.
Things to Remember:
· Strength training increases muscle power by making them work against any particular weight or force
· There are many forms off strength training exercises, which include free weights, weight machines, resistance bands and your own body weight.
· A beginner needs to practice two or three times per week to gain the maximum benefits.
· Consult the professionals, such as your doctor or physiotherapist, before you start new fitness program.
· Rest each muscle group for at least 48 to 72 hours to maximize gain in strength and size
Where to get help?
You can look for help through many ways like your doctor, local counselor, local gym, or well trained trainer, gym instructor, personal trainer, physiotherapist etc. You could also explore the net and go through some of the top rated websites to get safety tips. Always make sure that you consult your doctor or an expert, before following any of the exercises.
This post has been written by Paul Dryden. They offer all kinds of gym and weightlifting equipments at the best possible price. Please feel free to visit their website to check out some of the competitive offers on Olympic bar.