This article gives some tips for a balanced diet. Taking all the nutrients in suitable proportions is of great importance.
What is a balanced or unbalanced diet?
It is the simplest of all possible diets. Just based on the right combination of macro nutrients (proteins, fats and carbohydrates) with micro nutrients (vitamins, minerals, enzymes and trace elements) with the ultimate goal of achieving a healthy, balanced and natural diet.
It is suitable (with appropriate modifications) for all age groups and for sick people (who are not very serious and need special menu). With a balanced diet you try to get a healthy lifestyle and good nutrition without giving up any food.
Tips for a balanced diet
- There are three meals a day to perform, without skipping breakfast.
- In the main (lunch in the Mediterranean area), take a third of fresh fruits and vegetables, one third of food rich in quality protein (legumes, poultry or fish) and a third of carbohydrates (rice, wheat bread or flour).
- Reduce fat intake of any type to just 10-20 grams a day (2 tablespoons) and potatoes or cassava.
- Replace animal fats (butter) by vegetable oils (olive, sunflower or corn).
- Take at least 3 servings of fresh fruits and vegetables daily.
- Reduce alcohol consumption to half a glass for women and two for men.
- Limit salt, sugar, processed and prepared.
- Take two servings of milk, preferably skimmed, to date.
- Eating eggs only once or twice a week and red meat about twice a month.
- Prefer whole foods to refined.
In parallel, perform moderate exercise appropriate to the age and reject sedentary habits.
Balanced diet for children
Can you bring the little kids a balanced diet?. Of course you do. In fact it is one of the most balanced in the world. Needless to say, the portions will be smaller than the adults. Still, keep in mind the following:
- Small should eat in the morning and also make a snack.
- From 2 to 5 years should limit consumption of beef, fat and processed products.
- Until they have completed adolescence can increase the amount of carbon hydrates (50%) from the bread, pasta, cereal or crackers.
- Taking care of your calcium intake as they are in growth stage. Recall that in addition to milk calcium can be found in sesame, seaweed, broccoli, nuts, poppy seeds, cabbage, parsley, legumes, etc..
Tips balanced weight loss diet
And to lose weight?. Once you have become accustomed to the discipline of the diet you can use to lose weight taking into account:
- Eliminates potatoes and reduces the amount of carbohydrates in half.
- Limit fat to 1 tablespoon a day.
- Kitchen protein (fish, poultry and lean meats) grilled, seasoned with some aromatic herb.
- Increase fresh fruits and vegetables that you consume at the expense of protein foods.
- Replacing animal protein from legumes, without actually having a vegetarian diet.
- Removes all sausages, bacon and fried.
- Do not ever skip breakfast.
- Make a very light dinner with skimmed products, fruits and some whole grains. Vegetable soups or stews are also a good option.
The balanced diet wants to be that of good sense, fail all foods of nature to maintain health. Not eliminate milk and dairy products, recently questioned by some nutritionists.