Running a half marathon or full marathon seems to be an easy job on the outer side, but once you start preparing for it, you actually get to know how tough it can be. It involves not only increasing the speed and reducing the time, but enhancing the stamina and strength as well. Proper half marathon training can help you to get fit and ready to run a half marathon easily, without having to face troubles while running for a long period of time.
Nowadays, there are many companies offering various different plans for beginner level, mediate level and advance level, from which you can chose according to your own capabilities. A proper half marathon training plan can help you to steadily increase your speed, and therefore, in reduction of time taken to complete the marathon. For this, multiple lifestyle changes combined with proper workout plans are custom made for you, to help you get into that zone.
Usually, a half marathon training schedule spreads over three months, in which your flexibility, strength and stamina is worked upon intensely. It is very important to be in proper shape while going for training and then the actual marathon, because then only you would be able to give your hundred percent. For this, proper balanced diet should be consumed, which is also given as a part of your training plan. Other lifestyle changes like quitting alcohol, smoking etc. should also be made, so that you have full energy while preparing for the marathon.
Things to keep in mind while training for a half marathon
If you want to perform well in a half marathon, it is very crucial to keep certain things in mind, which are:
- Be aware of your abilities, and do not feel shy while conveying them to your trainer. This would help to form a mutual understanding of your capabilities between you and your trainer.
- Start preparing for the final race well in advance, so that by the time you appear for the finale, you are able to give it your best shot.
- Increase your level gradually. Do not try to complete the entire routine in just one day, and increase your stamina slowly and gradually.
- Sketch out a proper plan of training, by sitting down and deciding with your trainer. Also make sure to be regular with the plan and try not to avoid it.
- Try to take notes of your performance, so that you can actually see and judge your performance from the analysis of these notes.
- Consult a professional physician or a doctor before proceeding with the workout, and convey any injuries or diseases that you may have, to your trainer. This helps him to plan accordingly, so that you do not end up getting hurt.
- Mix varieties of running on each day, so that you can prepare for almost all levels of running regularly.
- Remember not to overdo it and keep it under your physical limits.
- Make required lifestyle and eating habit changes so that you can put in all of your efforts in the training.
Claudia is a freelance writer who is intrigued by topics related to marathons and how to prepare for them. List of the articles written by her includes training for a half marathon, plan of half marathon training, proper diet for marathon training etc. All the articles are based on facts gathered by her through intense research.