Diet diet without starch or London may be surprising because nobody relates starches as a possible source of problems in certain cases.
What is starch?
It belongs to the group of digestible carbohydrate diet. In our food chain is of great importance as it constitutes an important source of energy.
On the one hand is a function of cellular energy once it becomes simple sugar (glucose) to be used by cells. Another function is to regulate sugar metabolism of fats and comply with liver detoxification processes.
The diet without starch
Diet or diet without starch London was promoted by London immunologist Alan Ebringer. Initially development to treat ankylosing dispositions. Subsequently, their results and studies has been and is applied in many autoimmune diseases and especially those involving pain, inflammation and other symptoms.
The starch-free diet eliminates all holders of this polysaccharides, although there is a scale for assessment. Firstly cereals and carbohydrates too elaborate. It difference Mono saccharides which produce no evil grape glucose, fructose and galactose in milk.
Disaccharides with which we must be more careful: as sucrose (sugar, both white and brown), milk lactose and maltose. And polysaccharides. Starch This is what we must eliminate, because as this author can cause us problems.
Some starchy foods
Starch is found in most plants, also in grains, fruits and tubers.
- Cereals: Wheat, corn, oats, rye and their derivatives such as flour, bread and (white and whole wheat) pastas. Wheat germ, soy, sago, tapioca.
- Rice: white and whole wheat.
- Breads: whole, with seeds, pitta bread, white with added fiber.
- Vegetables: potatoes, beans, soya beans, chickpeas, lentils, peas (less).
- Modified starches Foods: Smoothies and pastries, sweets, fillings, flavors, soft drinks, sauces and thickeners. Prepared soups, Glazes, snacks, salad toppings, dairy. Frozen. Puddings, flavors, Croissants, Bread Hamburger, breaded.
When a diet without starch is recommended?
In some inflammatory and autoimmune diseases.
- Rheumatoid poly arthritis.
- Ankylosing spondylitis.
- Psoriasis Rheumatism.
- Polyarticular and oligo articular juvenile chronic arthritis.
- Lupus erythematosus.
- Multiple Sclerosis.
- Rheumatoid arthritis.
- Addison’s disease.
- Celiac disease.
- Irritable colon.
- Crohn’s disease.
- Ulcerative Colitis.
Why impairs starch?
- The lack of the enzyme on the one hand necessary for the hydrolysis and can be digested. Enzymes such as amylase present in saliva and intestines are necessary for this process.
- S or difficult to digest, as the raw starch is not digested. Their prior roasted and proper cooking is advised.
- And most important, referred to Dr. Jean Seignalet, impermeability would intestine. The toxins accumulating in the extracellular medium produces poisoning. It is the source of many autoimmune and inflammatory diseases.
Example of a diet without starch
- Fruit juice (not citrus) and boiled egg or ham.
- Pastel ground almonds (no flour) and seaweed gelatine Agar-Agar with fruit.
- Artichokes and boiled fish or meat and fruit jelly dessert.
- Spinach or arugula salad with lettuce, endive, lettuce, with diced apple and raisins or salad with tuna or mackerel. Choose: turkey, chicken, rabbit meat.
- Fruit or jelly.
Morning snacks and stockings
- Fresh fruit: apples, pears, bananas.
- Green beans with celery and cabbage or vegetable broth or fish
- Baked fish: bream, hake, monkfish, or a sole with almond sauce or turkey. Fruit jelly.
- Tea, tea, water and juices.
- Do not take alcohol, coffee.
As protein is recommended to prioritize fish rich in Omega-3 and evening primrose oil and / or borage oil rich in omega 6. These essential fatty acids are precursors to hormone action involved in immune processes, vasodilation and vasoconstriction, blood clotting and inflammatory processes above.
- Correct chewing for good in salivation.
- Adequate supply of enzymes,
- The balance of intestinal flora. Enzymes, soluble fiber and re generators flora.
- Include fats in the diet: milk, butter, meat or fish oil. (Moderate)
- Good hydration. Although advised not to drink plenty of water with meals, for enzymes that break down starch should not be diluted.
- Organic cleaning intestines and liver.
- Remove accelerate digestion drinks, coffee, colas and exciting.
- No smoking: the pancreas breaks down the remaining half of the starch, and inhibits its function snuff.
- Resting after meals.
How long does this diet?
We should note that this diet becomes almost protein, so its high protein intake can also collapse the body. It is advised to consume fresh fruits, low in starch and thus meet the needs of its contribution of carbohydrates and simple sugars easier to digest.
Compensate with supplements or foods and choleric colagogos: thyme, nettle, dandelion, fumaria, mint, burdock.
Its duration usually lasts months with different phases. Prioritize the annulment of food more starch concentration during the first 2 or 3 months with cleaning and detoxification organs. Subsequently those containing less starch back to the agency providing the energy we need are introduced.