Coconut milk is a very versatile vegetable drink that can replace dairy in various recipes. In this opportunity, we share 3 delicious coconut milk recipes to take advantage of its flavor and properties.
Coconut milk is a vegetable drink that is obtained from the pulp of the coconut. Due to its flavor and important nutritional value, it has gained a lot of popularity in recent years. Do you want to learn how to prepare recipes with coconut milk? Discover 3 options.
3 delicious coconut milk recipes
From a nutritional point of view, coconut milk is very beneficial for health. Not only does it contain healthy fats, but it also provides vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and proteins. Furthermore, unlike cow’s milk, it does not contain lactose and is easily digestible. Check our great post to read.
The most interesting thing is that it has a texture and flavor that works very well in dozens of recipes whose main ingredient is milk or dairy products. Do you want to check it? Do not hesitate to prepare the following 3 recipes with coconut milk. Aim!
Looking for a drink to recharge yourself? Instead of buying commercial energizers, go for this delicious coconut and banana milkshake. Due to its natural sugars, it is ideal for improving physical and mental performance.
- 1 glass of coconut milk (200 ml)
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 large dates
- ¼ cup of raw almonds (40 g)
- Ice (to taste)
- First, pour the coconut milk into the blender glass.
- Next, chop the banana and add it in the blender with the milk and dates.
- Subsequently, add the raw almonds and beat.
- When you get a homogeneous mixture, add ice to taste and consume instantly.
One of the most popular coconut milk recipes is this delicious flan. Unlike the traditional recipe, it is suitable for lactose intolerant. Plus, it ‘s a lower-calorie dessert, which can be eaten occasionally with no regrets.
- 1 cup of sugar or sweetener (200 g)
- 1/2 glass of water (100 ml)
- 1/4 of Cup of grated coconut (50 g)
- 4 eggs
- 1 glass of coconut milk (200 ml)
- First, heat a saucepan over medium heat and pour half a glass of water and sugar or sweetener.
- Let it cook until a caramel with dark hue forms.
- Subsequently, remove it from the heat and cover the bottom of some molds.
- Then beat the eggs and coconut milk until well combined.
- Heat the oven to 180ºC and then pour the mixture into the caramel molds.
- Bake in a bain-marie for 20 to 25 minutes.
- To finish, let it cool in the refrigerator before unmolding it.
- When serving, drizzle the coconut zest.
Caution: this recipe is not suitable for diabetics.
It is important to clarify that this recipe contains more calories than the previous preparations. Furthermore, due to its arequipe and sugar content, it is not recommended for lactose intolerant and diabetic patients. It can be enjoyed in moderation, in small portions.
- 2 cups of coconut milk (500 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of butter (15 g)
- Arequipe (100 g)
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch (60 g)
- 1/2 cup of sugar (100 g)
- Grated nutmeg (to taste)
- Grated coconut (to taste)
- Salt to taste)
- First, pour half of the coconut milk into a saucepan and bring to a boil with the butter and grated nutmeg.
- Also, in a deep container, add the rest of the coconut milk and mix it with the cornstarch, sugar, eggs, arequipe, a pinch of salt and grated coconut.
- When the buttermilk mixture boils, add the previous preparation. Then, reduce the heat to a minimum and stir until everything is well integrated.
- You need to make sure you get a thick, creamy mix.
- After achieving the desired results, but the preparation in another container and take it to the freezer.
- When the ice cream is ready, sprinkle with grated coconut.
You may also like to read- https://dojigger.co.uk