Homemade scrubs are a natural alternative to keep the skin free of dead skin cells, and reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
What is a scrub?
A scrub is a skin product capable of removing toxins and dead cells. Exfoliation is a natural process that takes the skin about once a month, but over the years, as we age, this process gets longer.
The sebaceous glands produce the fatty component of the skin which is spread to form a protective layer. In oily skin with a tendency to produce much sebum it remains attached to the pore leading to blackheads and pimples. Also prevents old cells fall off and clogging the pores.
For dry skin, the accumulation of dead cells glued together to prevent dehydration, dry the skin due to lack of natural moisturizers. By exfoliating the skin, a space is created for new cells to retain moisture and give skin a healthier appearance.
Exfoliation should be part of the beauty care for face and body. If it is an oily skin exfoliating recommended every three to four days, while for dry and sensitive skins is sufficient with a weekly exfoliation. However, in the case of problematic skin eczema, atopic dermatitis, seborrheic dermatitis, etc. It is not recommended to use exfoliants.
How to make homemade scrubs?
Homemade scrubs can be prepared from vegetable oil (olive, almond, sesame …) you want, it is only necessary that the chosen oil is of good quality.
It also requires a granular component such as sugar, salt, or cereal flakes. For dry skin we recommend using fine-grained components and in the case of oily skin use coarser components.
It is important not to forget Always moisturize the skin before applying the homemade exfoliating to avoid irritation and damage to the superficial capillaries of the skin.
Facial scrub and natural
- Coffee Face Scrub: preparing a mixture with a little ground coffee added to the cleanser. Apply in circular motions, leave on for about 15 minutes and rinse with warm water.
- Oatmeal Scrub: Mix 2 tablespoons milk, half a cup of ground oats and a teaspoon of cornstarch. Add water to form a paste. Apply the mixture to face and neck by gently massaging. Flush with water.
- Lemon and sugar to exfoliate the skin: two tablespoons of sugar placed in a cup and add the juice of half a lemon. Is applied as in the previous cases.
- Nuts: if we combine ground nuts and yogurt get a great homemade facial scrub. Nuts remove dead cells and acts in a bactericidal yogurt, lactic acid also containing yogurt combat dry skin and wrinkles.
Homemade exfoliating body
- Argan oil and cinnamon: argan oil has an antioxidant action, so this is great homemade scrub to smooth fine lines and reduce wrinkles. For its preparation must mix two tablespoons argan oil two of coarse sea salt, and added a spoonful of cinnamon more orange zest.
- Chocolate and coconut: ½ cup brown sugar, vegetable oil and a tablespoon of cocoa powder and grated cacao other needs. The skin becomes moist and massaging the whole body extends mixture.
Exfoliation of the skin according to Ayurveda
Ayurveda uses herbal powder to cleanse and exfoliate your skin daily. The herbs have the function of a rough cleaning to remove dirt, toxins, pollutants and dead cells, but without depriving the skin of its moisture. At the same time balance, nourish and repair without adding toxic components.
For deeper exfoliation herbal masks once or twice a week is recommended. The skin cells are renewed at a rate of one million per hour, so it is important to make a gentle exfoliation every day.
However, dead cells constituting the protective layer of the skin, which, if too much prematurely severed left unprotected and the layer of new cells. If these do not grow past the pace at which we remove the old, there will be problems.
“Beauty is not a layer of varnish that covers things is not skin deep, it is not something that is added to an ugly thing acceptable is part of the nature of the object.”.