Depending on the type of scar and its age, there are now different types of treatments to minimize or eliminate scars naturally.
What is a scar?
Scars are marks on the skin caused by wounds, burns, surgery, acne and other skin conditions. Every scar is the result of damage to the skin that the body tends to repair itself.
The final appearance of the scar will depend on several factors such as skin type and the type of injury, age of the person and the body part where the scar or scars are. In some cases, the scar formation is accompanied by pain and / or itching.
- Keloid Scars are the result of an overproduction of collagen. Usually, they are reddish, thick and larger than the original wound.
- Contracture Scars: The edges of the skin together and result in a tight area of skin is for this reason the movement is significantly reduced.
- Hypertrophic scars: bulky as keloid scars but do not exceed the limits of the original wound.
- Atrophic scars: caused by the destruction of collagen. They are usually rounded as those caused by acne and chicken pox.
The following recommendations are effective for new scars. Keep in mind that the results depend on the skin type of each person.
- Hydrate: proper hydration restores the protective function of the skin, reduces itching and itching, preventing invading microorganisms or allergens and irritating scar.
- Exfoliate: it is advisable to regularly exfoliate scars to remove dead surface cells that form scar and encourage their replacement by normal cells.
- Massage them: massaging the scars regularly helps the scar located in a joint does not hamper movement and promotes proper lymphatic drainage. It also keeps the skin taut in the area of the scar, which can be very annoying and even painful.
- Neural Therapy: is one of the most spectacular treatments to improve or eliminate scars, especially keloids are formed.
Natural remedies to remove scars
- Rose hip Oil: recommended as a natural remedy to eliminate or reduce scars, burns and even surgery. Apply several times a day as a light massage on the scar. It can be found in health food stores and pharmacies, either in pure form, in creams and lotions. The improvement is most noticeable in the case of a new scar. With the former is achieved thus not be noticed with the passage of time.
- Aloe Vera Gel: the pulp of the aloe leaf is used on the scar as a poultice several times a day, with a gentle massage. In addition to preventing infections, aloe is a powerful healing. Especially for recent wounds and scars.
- Vitamin E: This is one of the most used natural treatments to remove scars. Vitamin E is an essential component in the regeneration of the skin scar. However, excess vitamin E can be harmful.
- Shea Butter: should the best quality product, natural and organic to get used all its power. The skin will become soft and smooth texture over time.
- Ghee or clarified butter is used in Ayurvedic medicine (ancient native Indian medicine) has antioxidant, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties and a molecular density similar to that of the skin. Thus it can easily penetrate the dermis.
- Snail Cream: well known for its ability to reduce and eliminate scars, stretch marks and skin tags. There are some detractors but also who have used it ensures getting good results.
Tips to reduce or eliminate scars
- Wounds should be treated as soon as possible. It is important to clean them properly and apply antibiotic if necessary.
- The first few days should keep the wound covered and should not get wet.
- Pay special attention to sun exposure, it is advisable to hide the wound from the sun for three months.
- Remove scars requires consistency.
Consult your dermatologist if the scar is raised above the skin, or growing out of the edges of the wound originated. In these cases, it is a keloid or hypertrophy scars, which require special medical treatment.