A balanced diet and extra vitamins for hair in the form of supplements are needed when the hair has lost its beauty.
The health of hair depends primarily on the dietary guidelines we maintain daily. The essential vitamins are obtained through the nutrients in food, which can not miss in the body within a balanced diet.
To prevent hair loss, you should consider the following percentage of macro nutrients: 48% are carbohydrates, 35% fat and 17% protein. A / a dietitian or nutritionist can set a balanced to the needs and circumstances of each individual plan.
What are the best vitamins and minerals for hair?
Vitamin A works by stimulating the growth and strength of hair. You have to balance your intake because too much can have the opposite effect, hair loss. Vitamin A is found in milk, eggs, liver and green vegetables.
B vitamins: the most important for healthy hair.
- Vitamin B6 or pyridoxine, prevents hair loss and produce melanin, which gives hair its color. It is found in vegetables, brewer’s yeast, whole grains, eggs, liver and viscera. Vitamin B6 and zinc have been shown prevent testosterone follicles reach avoiding male baldness.
- Vitamin B3 or niacin, stimulates hair growth. Found in chicken, fish, brewer’s yeast, wheat germ.
- Vitamin B12 is not found in plant and this should be taken into account vegetarians. It is known that vitamin B12 deficiency causes lack of hydration and flaking of the scalp, and the hair dies.
- Vitamin B7 or biotin, assists in the production of keratin preventing hair loss. It is found in milk, liver, egg yolk, oats, soybeans, cauliflower, beans and nuts.
Vitamin E is important for healthy hair, an excellent antioxidant. Found in: dry cereals, green leafy vegetables fruits, soybeans, wheat germ.
Vitamin C helps maintain healthy skin and strong hair. Found in: citrus fruits, strawberries, green peppers, potatoes, kiwis, melon.
Minerals: essential to have a well-nourished hair.
- Zinc: indicated for fine hair and dull.
- Magnesium helps maintain healthy hair.
What are the most effective supplements for hair health?
The cells of the hair follicles regenerate every three months, so this would be the time to test the effectiveness of supplements.
- Brewer’s yeast and wheat germ: contains B vitamins and minerals such as magnesium and chromium.
- Biotin can be applied directly onto the hair topically, as there are in the market many as shampoos and conditioners containing biotin, biotin supplements in capsule or tablet are very efficient. The recommended daily requirement is 30 ug / day to prevent hair loss.
- Keratin and Vitamin B6: taking a supplement that combines vitamin B6 and keratin to strengthen hair follicles.
- Multivitamins: and minerals like Zinc, Selenium, Chromium, Manganese, Copper, 10 to 15mg daily.
- Omega 3: Fish oils are an important natural source of omega3, too, linseed oil. We recommend taking 2000 to 3000 mg / day in tablets or capsules.
- Omega 6: in the form of gamma linolenic acid GLA, to provide a flexible hair. You can get through the evening primrose oil or borage which mimic the natural hair oil.
- Silicium: stimulates the production of keratin and is found in most products to stop hair loss. The recommended dose is 5 mg / day. Horsetail plant also contains silicon.
- He Show Wu: popular herb in Traditional Chinese Medicine used to repair damaged hair.
- Saw Palmetto: o Saw Palmetto (Serenoa repens) is a plant of the southern U.S. that lowers levels of DHT (dihydrotestosterone) hormone involved in hair loss.
- Soy isoflavones: decrease LDL cholesterol levels and produce the enzyme alfareductasa what converts testosterone into DHT, displacing androgenic hormones.
- Pumpkin Seed Oil: also has an anti-androgenic action by lowering levels of DHT.
- Chamomile, Rosemary, Avena and vitamin E are very beneficial for fragile and brittle hair.
It is known that beauty comes from within and can be increased by eating foods rich in essential nutrients because, externally there may be damage that need to be addressed.
Today, there are natural products marketed to meet the needs of the most demanding manes. So, creams, lotions and masks, plus supplements and vitamins for hair is natural.