The properties of Vitamin B8 or biotin are very interesting for our health because it covers a really broad spectrum of benefits.
Vitamin B8 or Biotin
Biotin, vitamin H and / or co enzyme R, corresponds to the vitamin B8, a water soluble vitamin. It is a co enzyme that helps the development of fatty acids and acts as a co factor required to convert these polyunsaturated fatty acids into propagandist.
It acts in the breakdown of carbohydrates and fats thereby maintaining body temperature and energy production.
Contribute to the maintenance of blood glucose.
Where we can find?
The human intestinal flora can synthesize vitamin B 8 but its synthesis is affected by drugs and antibiotics. That is why we must consume foods biotin (vitamin B8) to meet the recommended daily requirements.
Food sources of vitamin B8
Eggs (in the yolk), milk and dairy products, liver and offal, meat, fish, brewer’s yeast, whole grains, cauliflower, soybeans, mushrooms, potato, banana grape, watermelon, avocado, strawberries, peanuts, almonds, walnuts, peas and royal jelly.
In what cases could recommend?
- In diarrhea and changes in intestinal flora due to continuous taking antibiotics or drugs.
- Relieves muscle aches.
- Suitable for eczema and dermatitis.
- Helps fight depression and drowsiness.
- It is recommended to strengthen nails and skin.
- In children with phenylalanine, a metabolic disorder which prevents the amino acid phenylalanine metabolism causing seborrhea dermatitis and eczema.
- In type II diabetes, biotin acts in the synthesis and release of insulin to help regulate blood sugar levels. Adjutant anti diabetic agents improves glycemic control, combined with Chromium Pollinate.
- Effective treatment for diabetic neuropathy.
- Some types of liver disease.
- Where taking anticoagulant drugs.
- In pregnant and lactating women. If this child cradle cap (seborrhea dermatitis) must be she who supplemented.
- In the isolated outlet pantothenic acid (vitamin B5).
What are the Recommended Daily Allowance (RDA)?
- The RDA of vitamin B8 is 150 mcg per day.
- In supplementation can reach a ceiling of 5000 mcg per day.
What are the synergies?
- Biotin or vitamin B8 responds very well to the presence of B vitamins, especially vitamin B2, B3, B5, B6 and B12.
- With foods such as evening primrose, borage and marine oils that are transformed into propagandist.
- Thanks to vitamin A, biotin is preserved and energized by this.
With which interactions occur?
- With ethanol, all products containing alcohol.
- With the Avidin comes from RAW egg whites and prevents its absorption in the intestine. To avoid this reaction must cook the egg white until it is fully curdled.
- In taking some medications. Anticoagulants inhibit the absorption and transport of biotin. To avoid interaction take between 2-3 hours after taking the medication.
- Steroid hormones accelerate the catabolism of biotin present in the tissues.
- Large doses of pantothenic acid does not allow the absorption of biotin, biotin but making better absorption of vitamin B5.
Its deficiency would be strange, since our body is able to synthesize up to 50% of daily needs.
- Alopecia on hair, eyebrows and eyelashes.
- Neuromuscular disorders, tingling in the extremities.
- Impairment of metabolic functions.
- Problems seborrhea dermatitis, eczema and scaly.
- Pallor, nausea, vomiting, anorexia, fatigue.
- Neurological problems such as depression, lethargy, hallucinations, irritable character.
Who can kill a lack of vitamin B8?
- People who have been fed parenteral for long.
- A disease of the digestive system as colitis, atrophic glossitis, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, anorexia or mild anemia.
- A diet low in cholesterol.
- All those people who habitually consume in your diet the raw egg.
Can not find any contraindication biotin overdose because our body eliminates fecal and urinary, much more biotin via the diet we eat. No poisoning occurs.
If that larger amounts of 8mg daily in insulin-dependent diabetics should be under medical supervision to adjust insulin.